Taverna: fine arts dishes from the Mediterranean: Caleb's baklava, a photo by trudeau on Flickr.
East of the Mediterranean
1. Nation that is Not on the shores of the Med: a) Syria b) Turkey c) Jordan d) Israel.
2. North of Jordan: a) Syria b) Iraq c) Palestine d) Egypt.
3. Nation that is Not on the Persian Gulf: a) Kuwait b) Saudi Arabia c) Yemen d) Oman.
4. Nation that is Not on the Arabian Peninsula: a) Egypt b) Jordan c) Oman d) UAE.
5. Body of water most closely associated with the Arabian peninsula: a) Mediterranean b) Atlantic c) Indian Ocean d) Black Sea.
6. Island nation on Persian Gulf: a) Bahrain b) Qatar c) UAE d) Kuwait.
7. The sole non-Muslim nation of the Middle East: a) Egypt b) Israel c) Lebanon d) Syria.
8. The Persian Gulf is named for a) Iran b) Iraq c) Saudi Arabia d) Oman.
9. The nation of Israel is believed to have nuclear bomb capability. The next nation of the Mid East to achieve nuclear status will be: a) Iran b) Iraq c) Saudi Arabia d) Oman.