Abraham and Muhammad were here: the interior of the Dome of the Rock, a photo by trudeau on Flickr.
Ancient crossroads: Jerusalem
1. Jerusalem happens to be located, if you check on this carefully, in the nation of a) Jordan b) Israel c) Egypt d) Syria.
2. "The street of sorrows," is better known as a) Via Dolorosa b) Church of the Holy Sepulchre c) Christian Quarter d) Arab Quarter.
3. About 300 AD (CE) a person arrived from Constantinople to ask where Jesus of Nazareth had been crucified and buried. That person was a) Constantine, the Roman Emperor b) Herod, the Jewish leader who was an ally of the Romans c) Nebuchadnezzar of Persia
d) Helena, mother of Constantine.
4. Who was the most ancient historic figure? a) Abraham b) Jesus of Nazareth c) the Prophet Muhammed.
5. Ehich one is the most recent historic figure? a) Abraham b) Jesus of Nazareth c) the Prophet Muhammed.
6. Which one of these men is revered by adherents in 3 religions? a) Abraham b) Jesus of Nazareth c) the Prophet Muhammed.
7. In the center of the city of Mecca is a shrine called the a) Black Stone b) Kaaba c) Grand Mosque d) Minaret.
8 and 9. There are 2 sites on the Temple Mount, the highest elevation in Jerusalem. Choose 2: a) Church of the Holy Sepulchre b) Dome of the Rock c) Western Wall of the Jewish Temple d) Via Dolorosa e) Armenian Quarter.
10. Holy to the memory of both Abraham and the Prophet Muhammed: a) Dome of the Rock b) Western Wall of the Ancient Temple
c) Church of the Holy Sepulchre d) Via Dolorosa.
11. The word sepulchre means a) mound b) room c) rock d) tomb.
12. In Shakespeare's play The Merchant of Venice the money lender is a) Shylock, the Jew b) Antonio, the wealthy Venetian c) Jessica, the Jew's daughter d) The Prince of Verona.
13. The 3500-mile fissure called the Great Rift Valley cuts through __ Africa. a) East b) West c) South d) North.
Above photo: Abraham and Muhammad were here: the interior of the Dome of the Rock.