- 10 pts
- 1 page, handwritten
- details! examples! quotes
- grammar, speeling, construction
Arf-arf! Shreveport-Bossier's Growing use of the Red River
1. Hamel's Park
- beauty and varied terrain.
- site of Spt Dog Park
2. Stoner Boat Launch and Skate Park
- ski boats, fishing boats, speed boats easily launched.
- cafe closed for the moment.
3. Fant Parkway and bicycle & pedestrian path.
4. SciPort, Louisiana's Science Center,
- regional economic engine
- Public art
- changing course of the Red River
- Railroad bridge - reminder of the end of the steamboat days;
- Riverview Fountains, a best-of-Spt amenity
5. Commerce St: once the main business of riverfront;
6. CoHab, a high-tech business center, focus on start-ups,
7. Ogilvie Warehouse apartments - historic renovation of an urban site.
8. Fant Parkway Bike & pedestrian trail - Preston St extension that connects bikers to Broadmoor.
Tuesday, April 02, 2013
Red River field trip: descriptive essay