Sunday, May 10, 2009

Class of 2012 Convocation on Wed: list of partcipants & script


Magnet @ Meadows
Originally uploaded by trudeau
Class of 2012 convocation / In the gym @ activity period (10:20 - 10:45), Wed, May 13.

Participants -
Daniel Ainsworth
Nathan Benyounes
Ruth Bishop
Austin Brewer
Christina Collins
Connor Dunlap
Maya Franklin
Megan Gilliam
Lexi Horne
Roger Kalmbach
Cici Lau
Mary Meyers
Josh Pickens
Katy Pitts
Tierra Range
Sarabeth Rivers
Anna C Tedesco
Isabelle Vea
Region Walpool
Cara Watson
Tim Wellman

Hello. I’m Tim Wellman, president of our class. Welcome to the Freshman Class Convocation. Our sponsor, Mr Trudeau, says we’re an - pause - Outstanding Aggregation! applause. To set an artistic tone at Magnet, a school for the performing arts, we go to singer Region Walpool. She recently performed this original song and backing track at the talent show. Please welcome Region Walpool!
2. Song by Region Walpool.
3. I’m Cici Lau. I am Tierra Range. I’m Ruth Bishop; and I’m Roger Kalmbach. Our class raised money and schlepped shovels and buckets to school so we could plant some 40 crepe myrtles. These blooming trees are our gift to the school, to the city and to the planet. The Class of 2012 was also successful with our recent Talent Show. Some 45 students participated in the project. We offered singing, playing, multi-media and an art show. The proceeds were one thousand and 84 dollars, after expenses. Which leads us to our presentations.
Hi! I’m Isabelle Vea. I’m Lexi Horne. I’m Maya Franklin. My name is Austin Brewer.
It is our privilege to present a $300 check to drama teacher Patti Reeves for the PAC sound system. We appreciated the use of the PAC in our recent show.
Next we have another performer from our talent show who has also written her own song. Please welcome Katy Pitts!
4. Song by Katy Pitts.
5. Hello; I’m Daniel Ainsworth. I’m Connor Dunlap. I’m Cara Watson. And I’m Megan Gilliam. Our next check is a $150 dollar donation to the Food Bank of NW La. Infants, seniors and the ill are fed by the Food Bank every day. We want to be generous with our less fortunate neighbors. Mrs Ascension Smith, our school’s founder, taught that “We must share with others what we have and what we know.” Accepting the check is executive director of the Food Bank, Mrs Martha Marak.
6. I’m Mary Meyers.I’m Christina Collins: We would also like to recognize our generous parents! Mrs. Mattie Collins, Barbara Meyers, Donna Bishop and Marie Kalmbach aomg them. A round of applease, please
7. Dance contest: I’m Anna C Tedesco. I’m Sarabeth Rivers. I’m Nathan Benyounes. And I’m Josh Pickens. Hi! We’re going to call your name or point to you to join us on the dance floor. Raise your hand if you’d like to participate. You’ll have about 2 minutes to entertain the class. At the close of the song we’ll ask for applause to help us designate the winner of our informal dance contest.
8. And now, please welcome our counselor, Mrs Shannon Fortenberry, and our principal, Ms Mary Rounds!

No comments: