Sunday, November 02, 2008
Intro to Europe / the week of Nov 3 - 7
But on Tues, Nov 4, according to my calendar, we will take a break for presidential voting.
My priorities in studying Europe include the following:
- Basic historic background, including . . .
* Greek golden age
* Roman empire
* Industrial Revolution and Enlightenment
* British Empire
- Mental map of Western Europe.
- Products and resources of Europe.
- Relationship of Europe and the world.
Among the activities -
- skits on the lives of Socrates, Plato and Aristotle
- a Paper Parthenon project
- the Paper Pantheon project
- Death of Gaius Julius Caesar toga party
- the Michelangelo and Da Vinci mural project
- La grand danse du Roi Soleil at Versailles
- Photos of the Industrial Revolution in Shreveport
- Loire River
- Rhine River
- Oxford & Cambridge
- Salisbury Plain / Stonehenge
- Loch Ness
- Thames River
- Koln (Cologne)
- Munchen (Munich)
- Danube River
- Firenze (Florence)
- Aegean Sea
7. Eastern Europe