Monday, February 01, 2010
Cuisine in geography class
Ms Rounds' guidelines for study-related food at school require us to have parent permission. And ingredients for a dish must be seen by all students.
My guidelines include -
* a dish that is easy to serve; a cold dish.
* ingredients that expand student tastebuds a bit; not something that is commonly consumed.
* that each student have participated in the making of the dish. Having the help of an adult or other student is certainly sensible, but students must take a part in the preparation.
* printed explanation of ingredients is mandatory; please additionally include the source of the recipe and its place in the culture.
* present a sample, not a large portion; you are not trying to fill everyone's belly.
* that we are scrupulously neat in serving and clean up.