Sunday, January 22, 2006
Photography test on Th, Jan 26 / open notes, multiple-choice
Today's photo is a famous one by photojournalist Margaret Bourke-White. Taken during the Great Depression (1930 - 1940), this photo of jobless people in a line for a soup kitchen shows the ironic nature of US government propaganda.
Bonus / independent work:
* Research & compare photojournalists Henri Cartier-Bresson and Gordon Parks.
* Research & compare artist Andy Warhol and celeb photog Annie Leibovitz.
* Research & compare National Geographic Magazine and Life Magazine.
* Research & compare the Polaroid camera with the digital camera.
* Explain how technological advances have led to increasing interaction between
regions (e.g., use of satellites for monitoring and exploration) (G-1B-H3)
* Identify technological advances that expanded human capacity to
modify the environment (e.g., steam, coal, electric, nuclear power,