Thursday, February 14, 2008
Five presidents and Vietnam quiz
Presidents / Vietnam quiz
Choose from these presidents -
a) Nixon b) LBJ c) JFK d) Eisenhower e) Truman
1. Resigned from presidency rather than face impeachment.
2. The most successful of the US generals in WW II.
3. Formerly a senator from Texas.
4. Once a senator from Massachusetts.
5. Defeated Richard Nixon for presidency in 1960.
6. Served as vice-president under Eisenhower.
7. Associated with Franklin Roosevelt.
8. Associated with the Watergate scandal.
9. Commander in chief of US military in WW II.
10. President associated with successful legislation on civil rights and Medicare; his program was called the Great Society.
11. President who ended the Vietnam war.
12. President who used the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution to escalate American troop strength in Vietnam.