Thursday, May 08, 2008
Map number 3 of Deutschland: important cities and the Rhine River
- Berlin, the capital. In the post WWI era, a city divided some 50 years into communist and democratic halves.
- Hamburg, the great port on the North Sea. Hamburgers? yes.
- Koln, or Cologne. A great city on the Rhine, it has a significant Karnival celebration.
- Bonn, also on the Rhine (or Rhein). It was the capital of Germany when it was a divided nation.
- Frankfurt, in the middle of the nation, is the transportation center of Germany. Name means "Germans' crossing place on the river. "
- Munich (Munchen) is the city of Oktoberfest and BMW.
- Rhine River is like the Missisippi of Europe. Flows from Switzerland to the North Sea.
Make a Greek salata and photograph the ingredients: lettuce, onions, olives, feta cheese, olive oil, vinegar.