Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Pop-up map of Egypt's most important ancient sites
* Gizeh / Great Pyramids
* Temple of Amun-Ra at Luxor
* Thebes, ancient capital
* Heliopolis, religious center
* Memphis, earliest capital
* Valley of the Kings, across the Nile from Luxor.
* Abu Simbel, the sculptural monument built by Ramses II near the border with today's Sudan.
* Nubia, the region of Southern Egypt and Northern Sudan which was the "land of gold."
* Alexandria, the city founded by Alexander of Macedonia, bearer of Greek language and culture.
* Open notes quiz on video "Egypt: quest for immortality," the map and notes. 20 pts.
* Pop-up map / 5 pt project.
Type a 5-question multiple-choice quiz on the map and get responses from a parent, sibling or other adult.