Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Gangway for Gandhi! Second stop, London
A map of Gandhi’s primary travels (there were many additonal stops!):
1. Porbandor, on the Arabian Sea.
2. London, law school.
3. Pretoria, South Africa. Led a social justice movement for some 20 years.
4. Mumbai / Bombay: meets with Home Rule leaders. Joins the independence movement.
5. Delhi: leads numerous protests in the capital city.
6. Kolkata / Calcutta: here he is assassinated at age 79 bya Hindu fanatic.
Can you think of symbols for the Tools used by Gandhi in his social justice movement?
a. the media.
b. Christian ethics.
c. British law (which is the foundation for US law).