Wednesday, October 27, 2010
How to ace geography in the second half of the semester
- Read the class blog, Mondotrudeau.blogspot.com, on a regular basis. Reading it every day is the ideal.
- Either print out (in the school library if all else fails) or take careful notes on the readings. Use a highlighter on the notes!
- This will prepare you well for the almost-weekly quizzes. Each open-notes quiz puts an emphasis on the blog notes.
- Read each quiz question carefully. Take your time. Use textbook, atlas, dictionary and notes, as needed.
- Follow up the quiz by reading the past quizzes - and the answers - on the class blog. Analyze your errors.
- Indie work is an option each week. You may earn up to 10 pts per week by submitting a comparison essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. See and follow the comparison essay guidelines to maximize your points.
If there's a topic that interests you, email me for permission to pursue it.
- Keep your notes and projects in your notebook. Bring atlas and notes to class every day.
- Questions? Do not hesitate to ask questions via email@example.com.