Monday, January 22, 2007

Writers' Workshop: after school skill-building & point-building in social studies; every Tuesday til 4 pm


writers museum
Originally uploaded by Guided by the light.
Writers' Workshop is my way of offering hands-on instruction to students who want more from CMHS.

Every Tuesday after school (I'll announce exceptions a day in advance) I will meet with students individually to guide a short piece of social studies writing.

Students will win bonus points and demonstrate growth in skills. I will keep a record of students who report to these small group sessions. They can be a step toward success.

I'll stay til at least 4 pm. Most student work will be scored before leaving the session.

Students want challenges and want more depth in their instruction. This is one small effort toward giving you what you truly desire from your schooling.

No comments: