Wednesday, October 21, 2009
The Spanish Empire project on Wed, Oct 21
Sketch the Western edges of the continents of Europe and Africa.
Identify the principal elements of the Spanish Empire (identify nations, use color):
- Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela.
- Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Gatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Mexico.
- Cuba, Haiti/Dominican Rep, Puerto Rico.
- California, Arizona, N mex, Texas.
- Espana, Portugal.
- Mauritania, Senegal, Guinea.
Arrows showing the movement of men and their cultures -
- Spain to Mexico, Central Amer and the Caribbean.
- West Africa, the slave trade, to the Caribbean and N Amer.
- Conquistador helmet
- au, ag
- maize, sugar cane
- European diseases