Thursday, January 21, 2010
Geography classes in lbraray next Thurs-Fri-Mon on Great Cities of Europe
Jan 28,29, Feb 1
Hours: 1, 3, 5, 6
Comparing the Great European Cities / Paris, London, Rome and Berlin
1. Research info and images.
2. Edit, identify appropriate material.
3. Assemble presentations.
4. Share work on Google Docs.
Each team of students takes a city and sub-divides into
- Demographics (pop, literacy, PCI, ethnicity, etc)
- History (major conquerors, major periods, those famous in
technology, arts, business)
- Contemporary connections (trading partners, technology,
relationships w neighbors, languages, products & brand names, etc)
At the end of 3 research & assembly sessions, students will have
produced packages containing -
- minimum of 10 slides / 10 images
- bulleted explanations (brief, edited material) on each slide
- images that are clear and large when projected
- spelling, grammar
- quiz for classmates / 7 multiple-choice questions - general, simple
- 5 (or more) locations for a map quiz
Presentations will take place in the classroom.