Monday, January 04, 2010
Fun, fun, fun: Semester exam materials
- 100 multiple-choice questions to be answered on Scantron sheets. Bring a #2 pencil, right?
- The 100 will be drawn from questions used in all of the quizzes posted online this semester. Some of the questions will be straight-up copies of the earlier posts, some will be tweaked. Read carefully, needless to say.
- Additional points will come from a brief (about one page) comparison essay to be written in class.
You may choose your topic -
* Compare Lawrence and George Washington.
* Compare the nations of Israel and the US.
* Compare the sports of Brazil and Britain.
* Compare the cuisine of Jamaica and Louisiana.
* Compare the Amazonian rain forest with the Mississippi valley.
Magnet Semester Exam Schedule Jan 6 - 8, 2010
Wed, Jan 6, 2010
8:30 - 8:40 homeroom
8:45 - 10:30 exam - Third Hour
10:30 - 10:40 break
10:45 - 12:30 exam - Fourth Hour
12:30 - 1:00 lunch
1:00 students leave school. Teachers will be in classrooms.
Th, Jan 7
Same sched as above.
Fri, Jan 8
Students must not leave classroom during testing.
Exam must count as 20% of semester grade.
Report cards handed out on or around Th, Jan 14.
Jan 11 begins the 3rd 9 wks and 2nd semester.