Monday, September 17, 2007

If you want to drill for oil or water, first build a derrick; why?

Originally uploaded by visual_infrastructure
The tower called a derrick supports the heavy lengths of pipe that are part of the drilling mechanism. The pipe joints must be raised to a vertical position to be attached to the drill bit and rotated into the ground.

More from the textbook in the classroom.

No comments: