Thursday, February 19, 2009
Islamic terms from the Osama bio
- jihad - "struggle" or "holy war." a controversial term of variable interpretation.
- Mullah - Islamic leader in matters of theology or the Qur'an,
See the term Imam.
- Usury - loaning money at interest.
- heretics - those against the common teachings.
- hijab - the veil and scarf typically worn by Muslim women.
- burqa - the robe and veil that covers a woman entirely - as used in strict Islamic nations such as Saudi Arabia and Iran.
- al Jazeerah - principal cable news network of the Midddle East.
- age 51 - the prime of a man's life, ordinarily.