Tuesday, March 31, 2009
China quiz: Kong and Qin
1. Ethics is concerned with a) practicality b) morality
c) visibility d) Asian ability.
2. Ethics was the principal concern of a) Master Kong
b) Qin Shi Huang Di c) Ho Chi Minh d) LBJ.
3. Always try to “Do unto others before they do unto you.”
This aphorism would be associated with a) Confucius b) Qin Shi Huangdi.
4. “Familial loyalty” has to do with the a) ruler b) family
c) business men d) friends.
5. Rather than aristocratic parentage, Confucius wanted rulers who were strong in a) wealth b) decision-making
c) innovation d) morality.
6. Confucius wanted to see rulers who guided the state by
a) decisive commands b) ancient wisdom c) example.
7. Qin Shi Huangdi’s capital was a) Beijing b) Xi’an
c) Shanghai d) Cathay.
8. The southernmost city of China: a) Beijing b) Xi’an
c) Shanghai d) Hong Kong.
9. The Yangtze is also known as the a) Huang b) Chang
c) Middle Kingdom d) Pearl.
10. “Ni hau!” This is a greeting in the __ language.
a) Mandarin Chinese b) Cantonese Chinese c) Vietnamese d) Pekingese Chinese.