Sunday, March 22, 2009
Vietnam review quiz
Vietnam Review / Trudeau
1. The war between Vietnam and the French was ended in a meeting that occurred in a) Hanoi b) Paris c) Saigon d) Geneva.
2. Chronological order of the presidents: a) Eisenhower, Nixon, Kennedy b) Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ c) Kennedy, Nixon, Johnson d) Nixon, LBJ, Eisenhower.
3. President associated with escalation of combat troops in Vietnam: a) LBJ b) Eisenhower c) JFK d) Truman.
4. In the 1950’s and 1960’s an indirect war was waged by the super powers through proxies such as Korea and Vietnam. The term for this struggle was a) counter-insurgency b) Communist revolution c) Guerrilla war d) Cold war.
5. For decades Ho Chi Minh City was called a) Saigon b) Ha Noi c) Bangkok d) Angkor Wat.
6. Vietnam is a communist nation today. T / F
7. Established the communist-governed Democratic Republic of Vietnam in 1945 and defeated the French in 1954 at Dien Bien Phu. a) Buddhist monks b) Gandhi c) Eisenhower d) Ho Chi Minh.
8. President who sent 35-man military advisory group to aid French fighting to maintain colonial power in Vietnam. a) Eisenhower b) Truman c) JFK d) Nixon.
9. President Eisenhower’s sense of the post-WWII dynamic in Asia: a) Geneva Accord b) Domino Theory c) “Win the hearts and minds of the people.” d) Gorilla in the living room.
10. Prior to the full establishment of the Vietnam conflict the US had worked with and given aid to Ho Chi Minh. T / F
1. D 2. B 3. A 4. D 5. A 6. T 7. D 8. B 9. B 10. T