Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Camel quiz number two . . .
1. Camels can run up to 30mph in short bursts, and sustain speeds of up to 20 mph. T / F
2. The dromedary is the camel of a) western b) central c) eastern Asia.
3. The bactrian camel is a denizen of a) western b) central c) eastern Asia.
4. Camels are considered animals that are a) feral b) domesticated.
5. Camels are well known for their humps. However, they do not store fat in them as is commonly believed; they use them to store water! T / F
6. A camel's water-holding ability is due in part to their blood cell structure. T / F
7. Dromedaries have an unusual kidney. The feces is much like a syrup and their urinary discharge is dry enough to use as fuel. T / F
For answers, please see the following article, adapted from wikipedia.