Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Downtown Houston: glamor and immigrants
2.1 million / 600 sq. miles area / US 4th largest city in pop.
Hoston-Sugar Land-Baytown metro area: 5.6 million
- Port of Houston / Houston Ship CHannel - from Galveston Island
- Tex Medical Center (world's largest) / MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Johnson Space Center (NASA)
- Petroleum / energy center
- multicultural population
- museum / theater district
- Rice U.
- U of Houston
- Texas Southern U
- St Thomas U
- China Town
- downtown tunnels connect big buildings