Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Reminders for students in day two of reports on L'Italia
Favor the factual material, of course, over generalities and opinion.
Fonting? Arial type face, 12 pt, is what I prefer.
For speed in my scoring: Titling at the top, documentation at the bottom. You may add documentation internally, as well.
This is all cut-and-paste work and the idea is to quickly finish the two reports and spend time reading about things Italian.
Topics for those looking for something out of the ordinary?
- Dr Maria Montessori, physician and educator.
- Leonardo Fibonacci, the greatest mathematician of the Middle Ages.
- Nicolo Macchiavelli, advisor to political leaders.
- Enrico fermi, physicist who helped develop nuclear reactors, quantum physics and more.
- Guglielmo Marconi, pioneer in radio and wireless technology.
- Miuccia Prada, brainy fashion designer.
Indie Work -
- Got an outstanding paper on a wild combination: comparing the Lost Boys of Sudan to Lawrence of Arabia. Congrats to Jay Meyers.
- Research and compare the vivid regions of Tuscany and Sicily.
- The Roman Catholic church and the Sicilian mafia.
- Parmesan cheese and Modena's balsamic vinegar.