Friday, April 04, 2008
One of the world's most ancient bridges: Ponte Vecchio, Firenze
- The neighbors:
- Venezia: palazzo (palaces)
- Bologna: Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati factories are nearby.
Also, one of Europe's oldest universities.
- Firenze: Ponte Vecchio (bridge, old)
- Vatican City: il Pape ("father")
- Napoli: home of pizza.
- Sicily: Mt Etna, volcanic peak.
- Tunisia: Arabic, Muslim-dominated culture.
More engineering achievements:
autos - Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Maserati
cycles - Ducati, Benelli, Moto Guzzi
scooters - Vespa ("wasp")
Gross streotypes -
The North: industry, wealth, business energy.
The South: poverty, fun, corruption.
casino: "little house," like a summer house or a gambling house.