Sunday, August 24, 2008
The art of comparison, a higher-thinking theme of this geography class
- Base your essay on no less than 3 factual items for each topic.
- Open with a colorful, descriptive sentence.
- Switch back and forth between topics, which is called integration of topics. Do not give the info in separate blocks and add a final integration.
- Cite your sources (Wikipedia.org, teacher Robert Trudeau, etc) by the phrase “according to.” Place it at the end of the first sentence of each paragraph.
- Top it with a a) smacky title and b) explanatory subtitle
- Proofread your paper for * legibility * speeling * grammar
- Name, date & hour in upper right corner!
- Proofread one more time.
Ex.: Compare the 2008 and 2004 Olympic Games in regards locations: Athens, Greece and Beijing, China.