Saturday, December 13, 2008
Caffe l'Italia: espresso
* Espresso - steam or hot water *pressed* through fine-ground caffe to make a potent little shot of flavor and caffeine.
* demi-tasse - tiny cup, Euro-style.
* Cappuccino - espresso with a cap made of frothed milk.
* Prima Tazza - "First cup," coffee shop and art gallery on Line near Outback Steakhouse at Ashley Ridge.
* Caffe Latte - espresso with milk; Wikipedia says it was invented in California.
* Caffe Macchiatto - "espresso stained/marked with milk."
* Mocha - a Yemeni port on the Red Sea. The coffee of this region had a chocolaty taste, thus we use it to indicate a drink w chocolate added.
* frappe - an iced coffee drink popular in Europe.
"Carpe diem:" Latin expression which means "seize the day," or something like "eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die."