Monday, February 14, 2011
Map quiz on Israel and Jerusalem: Dome of the Rock atop the Temple Mount
2 -4 items from a small sketch of Ancient Jerusalem
8 - 10 items placed on a map of Israel ("Israel is not real.")
You must identify the Mediterranean and must spell it correctly.
Also be ready to answer questions on the basics of Jerusalem:
- "Street of Sorrows:" Via Dolorosa, pathway to the crucifixion.
- Tomb of Jesus of Nazareth's burial and crucufixion: Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Sacred to Jews and Muslims: Dome of the Rock atop the Temple Mount. See Abraham and Muhammad the Prophet.
- The ancient Jewish Temple atop the Temple Mount was destroyed by conquerors. All that remains: the Western Wall, or Wailing Wall.
- City of 3 sabbaths: Christians, Sunday, Jews, Saturday (begins Fri at sunset) and Muslims, Friday.