Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Chinese cuisine and a healthy life . . .
- use of stir fry and steaming and slow cooking in crockery.
- use of soy bean paste, tofu, vegetables such as water chestnuts.
There's also an emphasis on economy:
- dicing and shredding food can save cooking oil and cooking fuel.
- chai a good drink.
- use of the wok may save time.
- national ritual of starting the day with the form of martial arts called T'ai ch'i.
1) Open notes quiz Thursday.
2) Hand-sketched map quiz (12 items) next Tues.