Sunday, January 27, 2008
Confucius practice quiz
1. In Chinese language the name Confucius would be rendered as a) Lao Tzu b) Master Kung c) Tai Chi
d) the Buddha.
2. Confucius should be classified as a a) social thinker
b) religious leader.
3. He lived about the the year a) 500 BCE b) 300 BCE
c) 300 AD d) 500 AD.
4. There was little or no difference between the philosophy of Confucius and Shi Huang Di. T / F
5. There was little or no difference between the philosophy of Confucius and the ancient guidelines of Taoism. T / F
6. Confucius occupation was a) governmental minister b) prince c) king d) wise pauper.
7. Confucius basically was in favor of a) democracy
b) monarchy c) oligarchy (rule by a small group of men) d) rule by tyrant.
8. He thought that aristocratic parentage was the key to a wise ruler. T / F
9. His ideal ruler was one who “would spread his own virtues to the people instead of imposing proper behavior with laws and rules.” T / F
10. “Never impose on others what you would not choose yourself.” a) Buddha b) Confucius c) Shi Huang Di.
11. Confucianism has been deeply influential in Chinese but not in Vietnamese, Korean or Japanese cultures.
T / F
12. Confucianism is about a) ethics b) ethnics c) ethnocentrism d) ethylism.
Answers: Wikipedia.org on Confucius.