Monday, January 07, 2008
Sketch on new Wacom Bamboo tablet: China map 2.jpg
The Chinese economy is rocket-like. In fact, last month the Chinese sent a lunar probe into space.
Our unit will include some history -
* Qin Shi Huang Ti, the first emperor
* the Great Wall
* the Buried Army at Shi'an
* Mao Zedong, the founder of Chinese communism
It will also focus on language via lessons in Chinese characters and pronouciation by Madeline Trudeau Kawanaka.
Chinese cooking? The wok and unusual ingredients such as soy and ginger.
China, the People's Republic of China (PROC), vs Taiwan, the Republic of China (ROC): communist vs democratic, free market China.
The One family, One child policy.
- Beijing and the Imperial City
- Shanghai, the most populous city in China (ranked 10th in the world).
- Honk Kong, the premier financial center of Asia
Open notes, multiple-choice quiz on the map and the movie, Not One Less.