Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Addendum to the Social Studies Fair guidelines

The lengthy post of the entire package of Caddo Social Studies fair Guidelines just arrived from the Central office. I put them on our class blog because I don't think they're online anyplace else. Plus, it's helpful for all of us.

Students in my class may choose to do a Powerpoint/GoogleDoc version of the paper * Or * do the traditional backboard SS Fair project as described in these guidelines. Students who do more work will get more points.

I see the SS Fair as important in several ways -
* I get to work with you on a special project; in the long run, this is much more memorable than tests, maps and pizza.
* Getting clear about the scientific method.
* The skills of maximizing your teamwork and long-term work strategies.