Tuesday, October 28, 2008
1. In which region of Mexico do the Maya reside?
2. The approximate date for the peak of the Maya empire?
3. The distinctive architecture includes what type of structure?
4. Name an area of technological achievement.
5. The Europeans had a serious problem with the Maya religious practice. Which part?
1. Yucatan peninsula
2. Maya society peaked about 900 CE.
3. Their pyramids have endured over a thousand years in a difficult environment.
4. Astronomy, calendar creation, math, writing, architecture, agriculture.
5. Human sacrifice seemed normal to the Maya and to the Aztecs.