Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Canadian rocker Randy Bachman wrote "American woman" about the relationship between the US and Canada


Randy Bachman
Originally uploaded by specialEd
Ostensibly about a girl, the classic rock tune "American woman" is about Canadian independence from the gigantic influence of the US.

American Woman, stay away from me
American Woman, mama let me be
Don't come a hangin' around my door
I don't wanna see your face no more
I got more important things to do
Than spend my time growin' old with you
Now Woman, I said stay away
American Woman, listen what I say-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay

American Woman, get away from me
American Woman, mama let me be
Don't come a knockin' around my door
Don't wanna see your shadow no more
Coloured lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now Woman, I said get away
American Woman, listen what I say-ay-ay-ay

No comments: