Wednesday, September 08, 2010
Quiz #2: Hydrologists & Kinesiologists
2. Before the 1700's there was quite a conflict between the a) Osage and the b) Iroquois. Which was the more powerful tribe?
3. The date of the Louisiana Purchase: a) 1783 b) 1803 c) 1835 d) 1836.
4. Which is sweeter, more succulent (juicy) and more aromatic (appealing aroma), the a) pimento, or cherry pepper, or the b) red bell pepper?
5. The Spaceship Earth project is an example of learning that we may term
a) tactile b) holistic c) kinetic d) mnemonic.
6. With a population of 6.8 billion, most people on earth are competing to get an adequate supply of jobs, food, housing and __ . a) living space b) money
c) ecosystem d) water.
7. One of these nations has a totalitarian government, one which has absolute power in regards people's lives. a) China b) India c) Asia d) Africa.
8. 40N, 74W: a) Beijing b) New York City c) Paris d) Chicago.
9. The most important item learned in the recent Mississippi Valley map quiz:
a) 10 states b) tributaries c) memorization d) mnemonics.
10. A hydrologist might be a geologist. T / F
11. The Caddos, Celts, Zulu and Choctaw are indigenous peoples but the aborigines of Australia are not what we call indigenous. T / F
12. There is a great ocean current which flows around the peninsula of Florida and moves slowly north along the Atlantic coast. It is the: a) equatorial b) Canary c) North Atlantic d) Gulf Stream.
13. The devastating Katrina sequence seen in New Orleans in 2005: a) wind-rain-broken levees-flooding b) rain-broken levees-wind-flooding c) flooding-broken levees-wind-rain.
14. Relatively large Island which visibly separates the Caribbean from the Gulf of Mexico: a) Cuba b) Florida c) Venezuela d) Haiti.
1. Northern Ark.
2. The Iroquois; return to the Caddo history to see the explanation.
12. Gulf Stream
13. wind-rain-broken levees-flooding