Monday, September 06, 2010
Sketching / mapping the Magnet campus
If it makes any difference to you, please wear "walking shoes" this week.
- will make sketches of 3 aspects of campus view: a) front of campus - aesthetic view. b) looking up at campus hill from old river valley below the tennis courts. c) looking across campus wings from 2nd floor of E wing.
- sketch and compare with aerial view via Google maps.
- observations on advantages of each view via discussion and notes.
- viewing campus in context of city: connecting streets, proximity to other institutions, centrality, implications for future.
- Brief essay describing the campus in terms of the 5 themes. 5 pts.