Sunday, September 21, 2008
NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago: Week of Set 22 - 26
Week of Set 22 - 26
Substitute is Mrs. Hanson, a terrific writer and kick boxer.
Mon and Tues classes are in the B-3 computer lab. Research into America’s 3 great cities in preparation for a team Quiz Bowl on Fri in which the winning group wins bonus points or a Lexus (one auto only and subject to all taxes, I’m afraid). Take the bonus points, please. Heck, for the price of a Lexus we might be able to get, like, 4 Smart Cars. I’ll look into it.
Make a list of identifications on each city comprising the following topics -
- neighborhoods, regions, etc.
- notable buildings
- culture, including performing arts
- Use Worldbookonline.com, wikipedia.org or answers.com.
- Assemble all research items in bulleted form. Include sources at bottom. Have a print-out ready in class on Fri .
- Tie-breaker questions will be on Washington, DC.
Hand-sketched map of NYC including your choice of 12 locations. Identifications must be placed spearedly and spelled mahootily.
Open notes reading comprehension quiz, multiple-choice, on class notes through Wed.
Urban Quiz Bowl.